LOWER/MIDDLE SCHOOL RULES
The school rules apply to the school premises at all times and to school outings.
- All children should arrive before 8.25 so that they are ready to begin lessons at
- Belongings are to be carried in suitable bags, satchels or rucksacks. Plastic bags
should not be used.
- Peanuts are not allowed on school premises or on school outings. (There are
children in school with severe and life threatening reaction to peanuts. Peanuts are
strictly banned from the school)
- Coffee, tea, fizzy flavoured drinks, sweets, chocolate and chewing gum are not
allowed on the school premises or on school outings except by special
- No children may leave the school grounds during school hours without the
permission of a teacher.
- Knives, weapons, matches, lighters, fireworks, stolen goods, illegal drugs, illegal
images, alcohol and tobacco products are not allowed in school.
- Toys from home, including balls should not be brought into school except by
special arrangement with a teacher.
- Digital Media Devices are not allowed in school. (For exceptions refer to Digital
- Mobile phones are only allowed to be brought in from Class 8. They must be
handed in to the Office at the beginning of the day.
- After school, Classes 5 and below must stay in the courtyard or 1,2,3 garden, until
they have been collected. The basketball court may not be used. If children are
still on site beyond 3.40pm (or 1.10pm) they will be accompanied to the Office.
B. CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
- All clothing should be clean at the beginning of each day, in good repair and
appropriate to the season and activity.
- Clothing should be plain without pictures, writing or logos.
- All children should have a waterproof coat or jacket with a hood, at school.
- Good, school type or casual shoes should be worn with flat soles and heels no
higher than 1 inch.
- Footwear needs to be securely attached to feet with laces, buckles, Velcro straps
etc. Flip flops, Crocs, slippers and the like are not suitable.
- Extremes of fashion should not be worn. Nothing should be worn that causes
unnecessary distraction or gives offence to members of staff or fellow students.
- Underwear must not be visible.
- Tops should cover the abdomen.
- Shorts or skirts should come down to at least mid thigh.
- Children should wear smart clothes on Festival days.
- All outer wear, including shoes, should be clearly named
- Make-up, including nail polish and tattoos are not allowed
- Jewellery should not be worn, except studs or sleepers in pierced ears
- Some modifications of the make-up, jewellery and general clothing rules can be
made for Class 8 at the discretion of the Class Teacher.
C. COURTYARD, FIELD AND MAIN PLAYGROUND
- Waterproof coats and hoods or hats should be worn in uncovered areas when it is
- Bicycles, skateboards, scooters etc. are to be walked or carried in these areas .
- Children may only go into lobbies or classrooms with a teacher’s permission,
during morning and lunch break times.
- Only retrieve things from outside the play area with a teacher’s permission.
- No kicking
- No throwing of hard objects
- No climbing on buildings or fences
- No eating or drinking outside
- No ‘take-down’ games
- No retrieving balls from roofs
- A maximum of two balls may be used at each basketball net
- The Courtyard is a quiet zone:
* Static ball games only (eg. Four Square)
* No hard balls to be used in the Courtyard
* No running in the walkways or swinging from overhead bars
* No ball games between 3.30pm and 3.45pm in the Courtyard