About this event:
SING WORLD CAROLS
A Multi-cultural Celebration
This groundbreaking workshop offers you the wonderful opportunity to sing vibrant carols from different cultures.
In keeping with the ever-widening global context in which we live today, it will introduce you to an amazing range of choral styles that draw on vast soundscapes that will sound truly new and exciting to you.
World Carol Singing Workshop
This unique workshop will Refresh the Carol Repertoire in ways that will amaze you
- - sublime Ancient Carol Traditions from GEORGIA and ARMENIA
- - infectious Dancing Carols from MEDIEVAL SPAIN, PROVENCE and BOLIVIA
- - an ITALIAN SHEPHERDS’ CAROL in Siciliana rhythms replete with bagpipe drones
- - the soundscape of an ARABIC BAZAAR & Ÿ the joyous rhythms of SOUTH AFRICA
- - a SAAMI LAP CHANT using the reindeer herding tradition known as ‘yoiking’
- - NATIVE AMERICAN and APPALACHIAN FOLK CAROLS and GOSPEL JOY
- - a meditative INDIAN CHANT (Give Us Light).
Along the way, you’ll also have the chance to accompany some of the carols on traditional instruments, from drums and harps to a dancing French medieval string drum.
Who's It For?
This Workshop is appropriate for people with ALL levels of musical/vocal experience. Michael brings the message that everyone has a singer and a musician inside them and looks forward to sharing his passion for this magical music with you.
Director of Tonalis - is a master Singing Teacher and an inspirational Choir Trainer who runs courses all over the world connected to Holistic Singing, Music as a Sacred Practice and Community Musicing. Michael has conducted a choir of 250 singers in a concert of sacred choral music from all around the world in Gloucester Cathedral as part of the ‘3 Choirs’, the world’s most celebrated choral festival, and has compiled a book of Sacred World Musics called, ‘Song of the Earth’.
How to Book
Fees: £78 (for booking by Nov.1st) £84 (by Nov.20th) £90 (thereafter)
Couples/OAP’s / Groups of 3+: £70/ £75 / £80 each (see fee deadline dates above)
Saturday only: £45 (by Nov. 1st) / £50 Times: Sat:11am - 6:30pm, Sun: 10am - 5pm
Tel. 01666 - 890 460